TRI BASE CARBON ...
Activated Tri Base Pelletized Carbon ™
TBPC™ is available in 1, 5, 10, and 55 pounds packages. For environmental purposes, Super Sacks of 1000 pounds as required.
TBPC™ is a carbon compound formulated for environmental pollution control. This requires a very large demand to remove a myriad of harmful contaminants from Soil and Aquatic environments. At first glance, TBPC™ may seem to the naked eye, identical to other carbons. However, noting two instances in which third party testing was conducted indicate otherwise.
Earth Tech, one of the Largest environmental remediation firms the world, requested a sample of TBPC™. They desired to compare TBPC™ versus media from two products produced by prominent companies for water filtration These companies were 3M and Akzo Nobel. In the comparison tests cancer-causing pollutant Dioxane found in drinking water for the US Military was to be removed
Dioxane is a colorless, toxic liquid used as an organic solvent. The pollution level was 4,000 mg/l. Toxic compound reduction was paramount to safe guard service members lives. Earth Tech tested each sample from the three companies 100 times to ensure the validity of the results. 3M and Akzo Nobel filter media reduced the toxic compound from 4,000 mg/l to 8.1 mg/l and 7.9 mg/l. TBPC™ reduced Dioxane in every test from 4,000 mg/l to ND (Non Detectable).
Catalina Bio Solutions environmental firm, required real world testing for confirm carrying capacity of TBPC™. 25 pounds of Dry TBPC™ was submerged in polluted flowing water through the TBPC™. Two weeks later the TBPC™ was dried and re-weighed for uptake. The TBPC™ now weighed 51 pounds because of it’s recent upgrade to a higher activity.
What does this mean for Aquatic Life in your aquarium? TBPC™ may remove many undesirable life-threatening compounds which elevate in the aquarium and kill aquatic life. The pollution removal safeguards your fish and invertebrates, fresh, brackish and saltwater, from harmful mixtures. TBPC™ is safe when utilized in the correct manner and conforms to all filters without problems. When using TBPC™, the water must flow through the carbon, not over it. As a bacterial platform it allows one pound of Bacteria per one pound of TBPC™ to develop on its surface and inside its vacuoles. TBPC™ is excellent for cycling your aquarium in 24 hours in conjunction with our Right Now Bacteria™ or our UNSTUCK™ Two patents were granted and an addition two haves been recently granted. Our TBPC™ assists with the totally AEROBIC reduction of Nitrates and Phosphates.
Tri Base Pelletized Carbon is a extremely high grade Activated Carbon. Follow these simple instructions and you will not have a pH shock which will harm or kill your organisms.
NEW TANKS: without fish, invertebrates, corals or live rock. Rinse with tap water in colander to remove activated fines. Place rinsed TBPC™ in your filter and turn on the filter.
OLD TANKS: WITH fish, invertebrates, corals or live rock. Rinse TBPC™ in colander to remove activated fines. Then place TBPC™ in a bucket or bowl and submerge in tap water. Put an air stone to bubble the water or power head which shoots above the water and run to two - three days. Then add TBPC™ between 1 cup every two or three days to your filter system, so the rapid removal of pollutants it will not shock your organisms. This product will be replaced if defective in manufacture. Except for such replacement there is no warranty or liability for loss or damage even if caused by negligence or fault.
For aquarium and pond use Tri Base has many advantages:
- Because of its high capacity a smaller amount can be used in the filter, which is ideal especially when filter size is limited.
- The high surface area allows it to last longer and makes it more cost effective than other carbons.
- The unique manufacturing process creates a very broad Angstrom and Micron range, enabling TBPC™ to adsorb numerous chemicals from air and water. See below for a complete list!
- Adsorbs all fish odors.
- Tri Base is shipped fluffy and dry, with no water added for weight.
- When rinsed for the first time it sizzles like soda pop!
- Large pellet size allows it to be used in any kind of filter without clogging plastic screens, or restricting or channeling the water flow.
- Hard pellets do not turn to mush and flow down the drain into the aquarium, or clog the filter with fines.
- Used in Freshwater, Brackish water and Pond. Highly recommended for reef, non reef systems. Ideal for sensitive species.
- An excellent bacteria bed on the market. Over 1150 m2/gram surface area.! Far superior than any plastic media or silica sand. One pound is equivalent to 454 grams. So the total surface of one pound is 1150 m2/gram X 454.
Hiatt Activated Tri-Pelletized Carbon will remove the following:
- Acetic acid, Acetic anhydride, Acetone, Acrolein, Acrylic acid, Acrylonitrile, Adhesives, Air-Wick, Alcoholic beverages, Amyl acetate, Amyl alcohol, Amyl ether, Animal odors, Anesthetics, Aniline, Antiseptics, Asphalt fumes, Automobile exhaust.
- Bathroom smells, Benzene, Bleaching odors, Body odors, Borane, Bromine, Burned flesh odors, Burn food odors, Burning fat odors, Butadiene, Butanone, Butyl acetate, Butyl alcohol, Butyl cellosolve, Butyl chloride, Butyl ether, Butyraldehyde, Butyric acid.
- Camphor, Cancer odors, Caprylic acid, Carbolic acid, Carbon disulfide, Carbon tetrachloride, Cellosolve, Cellosolve acetate, Charred materials odors, Cheese odors, Chlorine, Chloramine, Chlorobenzene, Chlorobutadiene, Chloroform, Chloronitropropane, Chloropicrin, Cigarette smoke odor, Citrus and other fruits, Cleaning compounds , Combustion odors, Cooking odors, Copper, Corrosive gases, Creosote, Cresol, Crotonaldehyde, Cyclohexane, Cyclohexanol, Cyclohexanone, Cyclohexene.
- Dead animal odors, Decane, Decaying substances, Deodorants, Detergents, Dibromethane, Dichlorobenzene, Dichlorodifluoromethane, Dichloroethane, Dichloroethylene, Dichloroethyle ether, Dichloromonofluormethane, Dichloronitroethane, Dichloropropane, Dichlorotetrafluoroethane, Diesel fumes fumeador, Diethylamine, Dimethyl ketone, Dimethylaniline, Dimethylsufate, Dioxane, Dipropyl ketone, Disinfectants.
- Embalming odors, Either, Ethyl acetate, Ethyl acrylic, Ethyl alcohol, Ethyl amine, Ethyl benzene, Ethyl bromide, Ethyl chloride, Ethyl ether, Ethyl formate, Ethyl mercaptan, Ethyl silicate, Ethylene chlorhydria, Ethylene dichloride, Ethylene oxide, Essential oils, Eucalyptole, Exhaust fumes.
- Fertilizers , Film processing odors, Fish odors, Flora scents, Fluorotrichloromethane, Food aromas, Formic acid, Fumes, Gangrene, Garlic odors & liquid.
- Gasoline, Gold, Growth inhibiting enzymes.
- Heptane, Heptylene, Hexane , Hexylene, Hexyne, Hospital odors, Household smells, Hydrogen iodide, Hydrogen sulfide, Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Incense fumes, Indole, Industrial wastes, Iodine, Iodoform, Irritants, Isophorone, Isoprene, Isopropyl acetate, Isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl ether.
- Kerosene, Kitchen odors.
- Lactic acid, Lingering odors, Liquid fuels, Liquors odors, Lubricating oils, Lubricating greases, Lisle.
- Masking agents, Medicinal odors, Melon liquids, Menthol, Mercaptans, Mesityl oxide, Methyl acetate, Methyl acrylate, Methyl alcohol, Methyl bromide, Methyl butyl ketone, Methyl cellosolve, Methyl cellosolve acetate, Methyl chloride, Methyl chloroform, Methyl ether, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl formate, Methyl isobutyl ketone, Methyl mercaptan, Methylcyclohexane, Methylcyclohexanol, Methylcyclohexanone, Methylene chloride, Mildew odors, Mixed odors, Mold, Monochlorobenzene, Monofluorotrichloromethane, Moth balls.
- Naphtha (coal tar), Naphtha (petroleum), Naphthalene, Nicotine, Nitric acid, Nitro benzene, Nitrogen wastes, Nitroethane, Nitroglycerine, Nitromethane, Nitropropane, Nonane.
- Octalene, Octane, Odorants, Onions, Organic chemicals, Ozone.
- Packing house odors, Paint and redecorating odors, Palmitic acid, Paper deteriorations, Paradichlorobenzene, Paste and glue fumes & liquids, Pentane, Pentanone, Pentylene, Pentyne, Perchloroethylene, Perfumes, Cosmetics, Perspiration, Persistent odors, Pet odors, Phenol, Phosgene, Pitch, Plastic fumes, Pollen, Popcorn and candy odors, Poultry odors, Propionaldehyde, Propionic acid, Propyl acetate, Propyl alcohol, Propyl chloride, Propyl ether, Propyl mercaptan, Putrefying substances, Putrescine, Pyridine.
- Radon, Rancid oils, Resins, Reodorants, Ripening fruits, Rubber, fumes and odors.
- Sauerkraut, Sewer odors, Skatole, Slaughtering odors, Smog, Soaps, Smoke, Solvents, Sour milks, Spilled beverages, Spoiled foodstuffs, Stale odors, Stoddard solvent, Stuffiness, Styrene monomer, Sulfur trioxide, Sulfuric acid.
- Tar, Tarnishing gases, Tetrachloroethane, Tetrachloroethylene, Theatrical makeup odors, Tobacco smoke odor, Toilet odors, Toluene, Toluidine , Trichlorethylene, Trichloromethane, Turpentine.
- Urea, Uric acid, Valeric acid, Valericaldehyde, Varnish fumes, Vinegar, Vinyl chloride.
- Waste products, Wood alcohol.